Imatinib (Gleevec®) is used to treat adult and pediatric patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) that is Philadelphia chromosome–positive (Ph+) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) that is Ph+. Other approved uses in adults include the following:
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) that are Kit (CD117) positive
- Myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases (MDS/MPD) with platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) gene rearrangements
- Aggressive systemic mastocytosis (ASM) without the D816V c-Kit mutation
- Hypereosinophilic syndrome and/or chronic eosinophilic leukemia (CEL)
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP)
Our Medication Sheet
This sheet is available to download as an Adobe PDF.